Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Advocate


The Sunday Gospel [May 29, 2011]

John 14:15-21

The Advocate

[Jesus said to his disciples:] 15“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, 17the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. 18I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 19In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me, because I live and you will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you. 21Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”

Reflection

“Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” ~ Jesus in v. 21

We are insignificant in comparison to the Infinite God. Yet God finds each one of us lovable and valuable. We are all important in God’s eyes. Only when we have come to realize that God’s love is freely given do we feel His presence.

I feel God’s presence whenever I am drawn to do what is best for others. In return, I am loved by those who love me. I don’t know why but that is what happens. It’s like being rewarded for the love I gave to those who do not love me. If at times I don’t feel the love of my dear ones, it does not bother me. I know I have followed God’s commandments.

“When you are behaving as if you love someone, you will shortly come, in fact, to love that person.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Source: The Reflection is from Bro. Abel Navarro (you can visit his blog at http://myblogabelnavarro-abel.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment