Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Scourging


[Diary 445]
When I came for adoration, an inner recollection took hold of me immediately, and I saw the Lord Jesus tied to a pillar, stripped of His clothes, and the scourging began immediately. I saw four men who took turns at striking the Lord with scourges. My heart almost stopped at the sight of these tortures. The Lord said to me, I suffer even greater pain than that which you see. And Jesus gave me to know for what sins He subjected himself to the scourging: "these are sins of impurity". Oh, how dreadful was Jesus' moral suffering during the scourging! Then Jesus said to me, Look and see the human race in its present condition. In an instant, I saw horrible things: the executioners left Jesus, and other people started scourging Him; they seized the scourges and struck the Lord mercilessly. These were priests, religious men and women; and high dignitaries of the Church, which surprised me greatly. There were lay people of all ages and walks of life. All vented their malice on the innocent Jesus. Seeing this, my heart fell as if into a mortal agony. And while the executioners had been scourging Him, Jesus had been silent and looking into the distance; but when those other souls I mentioned scourged Him, Jesus closed His eyes, and a soft, but most painful moan escaped from His Heart. And Jesus gave me to know in detail the gravity of the malice of these ungrateful souls: You see, this is a torture greater than My death. Then my lips too fell silent, and I began to experience the agony of death, and I felt that no one would comfort me or snatch me from that state but the One who had put me into it. Then the Lord said to me, I see the sincere pain of your heart which brought great solace to My Heart. See and take comfort.


Source: DIARY, Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul © 1987 Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the B.V.M.  Stockbridge, MA 01263.  All Rights Reserved. Used with permission.

Note: If you like my post then consider buying the Book "Divine Mercy in my Soul" from the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception website. The owner of this blog have no other intention but to spread and proclaim the "Divine Mercy".

3 comments:

  1. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY SON JUSTIN DANIEL, AGE 27, THAT HE EMBRACES THE FULLNESS OF HIS FAITH AND RECONCILES WITH GOD, OBTAINING CONFIRMATION, CONFESSION AND THE SACRAMENT, OUR HOLY LORD. PLEASE PRAY FOR CHELSEA VRIESE, THAT SHE OVERCOME HER ADDICTIONS (SHE IS 19)BE HEALED OF THE DILUSIONS (JUST DIAGNOSED WITH SCIZOPHRENIA)AND FIND REFUGE IN THE CHURCH. PRAY FOR HER MOM DIANE, TO ACCEPT GOD'S WILL AND CARRY THE CROSS AS REDEMPTIVE SUFFERING....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray for my children, Jerry and Carlos that are away from home studying. For me to be able to accept God's will in them, so I won't get sick anymore.

    ReplyDelete