Sunday, January 16, 2011

John the Baptist’s Testimony to Jesus


The Sunday Gospel [January 16, 2011]

John 1:29-34

John the Baptist’s Testimony to Jesus

29[John the Baptist] saw Jesus coming to-ward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. 30He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ 31I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” 32John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him. 33I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the holy Spirit.’ 34Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”

Reflection

“Behold the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.” ~ John the Baptist

John the Baptist is a model of faith for us. We are not called to live in the desert, wear animal skins and subsist on locusts and honey. But we are called to point to Jesus as the Lamb of God who gives us eternal life. Does my faith point others to Jesus Christ like John the Baptist? What testimony can I give about the miracles of Jesus in my life?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reposting my reflection in your blog. Would highly appreciate it if you will give me the credit for the reflection which is what I do when I use materials from other writers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes of course.. I will certainly do that/ sorry for not asking your permission in the first place.. and if it's ok with you i will link your site to my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your response. It is okay to link my site to your blog provided you give me the credit for the reflections and you include my blog address in the credit. I am all for spreading the gospel. May the good Lord continue to bless your ministry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok.. i will from now on.. thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for allowing me to post Divine Mercy to my profile on facebook. May God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit be with you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete